Simply remove the 4 pin connector from your ELV unit. Plug the connector onto the emulator and start the car.
Problematic ELV modules are a thing of the past!
• Works with E60, E87, E90 and similar.
• Emulates ELV (steering lock module).
• "Plug and Play" - no additional programming necessary. In some cases must clear CAS error memory and counters with diagnostic tool. If connected correctly orange LED (located on emulator board) must blink when CAS is accessing ELV (lock and unlock commands etc).
1. Make sure steering wheel is unlocked and car starts (if not then reset CAS counter)
2. Remove the 4 wire connector from the steering wheel column
3. Identify the location of the number 1 wire from the wiring harness connector or the steering column connector
4. Plug the connector from your wiring harness (4 wire black connector) into the Emulator so pin 1 from your harness is mated with pin 1 on the emulator.
5. It’s best to secure the connector so it can’t come loose and make sure it has good contact with your wiring harness – Best to solder in place!